Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lamson Liquid


After seeing a post by Waterworks-Lamson on Facebook I immediately became very interested in one of the new reels they are offering. In the past few years I have used two of their reels. The first was a Velocity which due to a massive swarm of mosquitoes was left on top of my fishing vehicle at the time of departure from the Madison River one evening. Don’t ask it is far too painful to describe. Don’t you just hate when that happens. For the short time it lived with me we had a great fishing relationship. The replacement of that reel is a Guru, it may be a step down in price but the quality is still there. I don’t know about you but for me the most important part of a fly reel is the drag and Waterworks-Lamson has one of the best in the biz.

At any rate after doing more looking at the reel online I got it set in my head to get my hands on one or a 3 pack and see how it feels.

The plan was to get it on the water earlier this week and do some field testing but alas it was not to be. After contacting our local fly shop several times Sharon and I finally made an impromptu stop by. The order had been placed by the shop and part of the shipment had arrived, the new Remix but the Liquid reels were not with the shipment. The proprietress of the shop made a call to Lamson while we waited. The good news is the Liquid reels are in production. The not so good news is they will not be available until mid to late October.


One of the 3 packs is reserved at the fly shop with my name on it. I’ll let you know how it is as soon as it sits in my hot little hands.

If all this seems like a big old Waterworks-Lamson commercial it might be I don't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment