Tuesday, December 23, 2014

An Early Merry Christmas

Why an early Merry Christmas? Well I wanted to make sure I did send greetings to everyone and given how things are I could well miss my opportunity.

I'm 2 weeks post op from my knee reconstruction and things are going well but as these things go some days are better than others thanks to the good ol' oxycodone blues. I had hoped to be up and at 'em to some degree by now but my view of the world mostly consists of my toes pointing toward the ceiling elevated high above my horizontal body. In short I'm still on my back waiting for that over-sized water balloon to vacate my knee.

Tying is out of the question just yet unless someone can tell me how I can prop my vise on my chest without getting the material trimmings up my nose. Yes I tried it last summer and I have never had so much marabou fluff up snout EVER! The up side is that I have a wonderful wife who happens to make a great nurse and as long as I don't act too big a fool she waits on me hand and foot. Case in point she told me tying on my back was a bad idea and refused to bring me Kleenex (at least right away) when I started sneezing colored turkey fluff.

The weather is decent for winter here in the heart of the Rockies. I have a pretty decent view of the front range from my location and the cat helps to keep me warm. There is also a good supply of hot tea, cocoa and coffee for warming our insides. Most of all the thing I/we have to be thankful for in the Wood house is it looks like this knee may actually take us far into the future. Really that's the one thing I've wanted for Christmas for a few years now so things are pretty good.

My wish for you all is that you too are having wishes come true this Christmas and you are all looking forward to a positive and prosperous New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, John, and surely a Happy New Year 2015 to come. One day at a time, buddy, one day at a time..................................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, Merry Christmas to you and all your family. I'm just hanging in there waiting until I can spend more time upright and eventually get my wading boots wet again.

      Delete
  2. My Christmas wish for you is a speedy recovery and time on the water. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Howard, I'm looking forward to sharing some water with you in 2015!
      Merry Christmas!!

      Delete